Dubai - UAE
30 November-12 December 2023
International standards are a critical tool for transforming climate commitments into effective action. Policy makers, stakeholders: Connect with ISO at COP28 to leverage the potential of standards!
Mark your calendar:
Join us on site or online!
Credible and accountable climate commitments: we can’t do it alone
This session addresses the proliferation of criteria and benchmarks to verify climate action. As we explore how to achieve greater coherence between disclosure, action and verification standards, we call for enhanced collaboration among standard setting frameworks and organizations.
- Ulrika Francke, President, ISO
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, UNDP
- Lee White, Managing Director, IFRS
- Fiona Watson, Senior Director of Redefining Value, WBCSD
- Scott Steedman, Director of Standards, BSI
- Sarah Mukherjee, CEO, IEMA
Global Clean Hydrogen Market – Harmonization of Measuring, Reporting, Verification and Accreditation
International standards for measuring, reporting, and accredited verification are vital to achieve comparable product carbon footprints for clean hydrogen and to promote and accelerate its global dissemination.
- Javier Garcia, ISO Vice-President (technical management)
- Daria Nochevnik, Hydrogen Council
- Mitsuhiro Kohara, Japan Gas Association
- Ann Howard, International Accreditation Forum:
- Gerassimos Thomas, EU Commission
- Wataru Takahama, Ministry of Economy and Industry of Japan
- Smeeta Fokeer, UNIDO
- Gabriel Lassery, The Brazilian Hydrogen Association
Connect with us at COP28
Visit our pavilion
When: 30 November – 12 December
Where: Standards Pavilion by ISO – Blue Zone, B7 (Opportunity Petal), Building 88 (Energy & Finance), First Floor (Blue Zone venue map)
Let us know if you will be attending COP28 and if you would like to collaborate with ISO. Contact us for more information.
Shared priorities: inclusion, finance, technology and innovation
The priorities set for COP28 by the host, as well as COP28's overarching theme, Unite, Act, Deliver, resonate strongly with ISO's vision for international standards supporting climate action. ISO will encourage international and national decision-makers to engage further with ISO and its members on these priorities: collaboration, mitigation, adaptation and sustainable finance.
Fostering collaborative climate action
Collaboration is at the heart of what ISO does. Our delegation at COP28 will be strengthening and exploring partnerships with a view to build on existing climate aligned standards and inspire new ones. Policy makers as well as non-state actors interested in knowing more about the role of standards in climate action or willing to contribute their expertise to ISO's work are invited to meet us there.
ISO resources for COP28
Trusted International Standards help accelerate climate commitments into action. The wide-scale adoption of climate-related standards will help organizations adapt to and mitigate the impacts of climate change.
- This brochure introduces the ISO 1409x series designed to assess the impacts of climate change and put in place measures for effective adaptation.
- Once a fringe investment, green and sustainable finance is fast gaining interest among investors worldwide. So what exactly are these types of investment, and why do we need them? Green finance is one of a number of terms used to describe activities related to the two-way interaction between the environment …
The 2023 UN Climate Change Conference or COP28 is organized by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and hosted by the government of the UAE. ISO and its members will be there to showcase how standards contribute to the implementation of international and national climate policies.