ISO/IEC 9798-5:2009 specifies entity authentication mechanisms using zero-knowledge techniques:
- mechanisms based on identities and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on integer factorization and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms with respect to numbers that are either prime or composite, and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on asymmetric encryption systems and providing either unilateral authentication, or mutual authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms on elliptic curves and providing unilateral authentication.
These mechanisms are constructed using the principles of zero-knowledge techniques, but they are not necessarily zero-knowledge according to the strict definition for every choice of parameters.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2009-12Stage: International Standard under systematic review [90.20]
Edition: 3Number of pages: 53
Technical Committee :ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27ICS :35.030
- RSS updates