ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2011 defines test methods for determining the conformance of radio frequency identification devices (tags and interrogators) for item management with the specifications given in ISO/IEC 18000-3, but does not apply to the testing of conformity with regulatory or similar requirements.
The test methods require only that the mandatory functions, and any optional functions which are implemented, be verified. This can, in appropriate circumstances, be supplemented by further, application-specific functionality criteria that are not available in the general case.
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2011 includes the following interrogator and tag conformance parameters:
- mode-specific conformance parameters including nominal values and tolerances;
- parameters that apply directly affecting system functionality and inter-operability.
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2011 does not include the following:
- parameters that are already included in regulatory test requirements;
- high-level data encoding conformance test parameters (these are specified in ISO/IEC 15962).
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2011-06
Edition: 2Number of pages: 41
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2004Withdrawn
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2004/Cor 1:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2004/Cor 2:2008
ISO/IEC TR 18047-3:2011Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.