ISO 10985:2009 specifies general requirements and test methods for caps made of aluminium-plastics combinations in accordance with ISO 8536-7 or ISO 8362-6 intended for use respectively on infusion bottles as specified in ISO 8536-1 and/or injection bottles as specified in ISO 8362-1 and ISO 8362-4.
The purpose of ISO 10985:2009 is to specify caps that provide:
- guarantee of originality of the closure up to the point of administration;
- compression of the sealing element (rubber closure) on to the sealing surfaces of the infusion and/or injection bottles;
- protection of the sealing element against soiling and mechanical damage;
- simple and injury-free opening of the closure in order to expose the penetration area of the rubber closure and/or to permit total removal of the cap.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-02
Edition: 3Number of pages: 4
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 76 Transfusion, infusion and injection, and blood processing equipment for medical and pharmaceutical use
- ICS :
- 11.040.20 Transfusion, infusion and injection equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 10985:2009Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.