This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013 specifies
- rules for secure coding in the C programming language, and
- code examples.
ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013 does not specify
- the mechanism by which these rules are enforced, or
- any particular coding style to be enforced.
Each rule in this Technical Specification is accompanied by code examples. Two distinct kinds of examples are provided:
- noncompliant examples demonstrating language constructs that have weaknesses with potentially exploitable security implications; such examples are expected to elicit a diagnostic from a conforming analyzer for the affected language construct; and
- compliant examples are expected not to elicit a diagnostic.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2013-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 80
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.060 Languages used in information technology
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013/Cor 1:2016
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.