ISO/IEC 15944-9:2015 presents a framework consisting of several models, including a reference model, a model of concepts, a content model, an information model, as well as rules, templates and other technical specifications for traceability requirements based on internal or external constraints as applicable to a business transaction. The internal constraints are imposed in Open-edi due to mutual agreements among parties to a business transaction and the external constraints are invoked by the nature of a business transaction due to applicable laws, regulations, policies, etc. of jurisdictional domains which need to be considered in Open-edi business transactions. All requirements in ISO/IEC 15944-9:2015 originate from external constraints. However, parties to a business transaction may well by mutual agreement apply external constraints of this nature as internal constraints.
The focus therefore of this traceability framework standard is on commitment exchange among autonomous parties to a business transaction.
As such, this statement of scope includes the ability of the traceability framework to
- specify a group of structured and inter-related concepts pertaining to traceability as a legal or regulatory requirement in the Open-edi context, in addition to concepts that appear in other Parts of ISO/IEC 15944 these concepts having the characteristics of cultural adaptability through the use of multilingual terms and definitions;
- provide additional specifications for Open-edi scenarios and scenario components from the perspective of traceability as required by internal or external constraints in business transactions;
- provide a more detailed specification for business transactions regarding aspects of traceability, including refined models of Person, Data and Process in support of the ability for Open-edi to incorporate elements or characteristics of traceability in its information bundles (including their semantic components) and business processes;
- realize specifications and descriptions from the traceability requirements as rules and guidelines, to provide recommendations or guidance on Open-edi practices; and,
- provide revised primitive Open-edi scenario templates for traceability, integrating the modifications to the template from other existing Parts of ISO/IEC 15944.
ISO/IEC 15944-9:2015 can be used by Open-edi implementers (including business modellers and system designers) and Open-edi standard developers in specifying Open-edi scenarios, developing Open-edi related standards, and implementing Open-edi rules and guidelines for Open-edi activities.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 85
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 Data management and interchange
- ICS :
- 35.240.63 IT applications in trade
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
ISO/IEC FDIS 15944-9
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.