Success stories from the standards community.
ISO and many ISO members demonstrated their commitment to SDG 5, gender equality, by signing the UNECE’s Declaration on Gender Responsive Standards in 2019. As a signatory to the Declaration, ISO has developed a Gender Action Plan which was approved by Council in September 2019. We recognize that our ability to mainstream gender in the development and implementation of standards is an important step towards achieving our larger goals related to inclusivity and diversity.
This session will report on current activities and progress made towards the ISO Gender Action Plan. It will also invite members to share their experiences in the development of national standards towards SDG 5, and discover how members are creating their own Gender Action Plans.
Questions to be explored include:
- How big is the gender inequality issue in standardization?
- The business case for standards on SDG 5.
- How can ISO members promote standards as a tool for gender equality and women’s empowerment?
- How can NSBs promote a gender-inclusive culture?
Did you miss the webinar?
Watch it now (ISO Members only)
- ЦУР 5Гендерное равенствоОбеспечение гендерного равенства и расширение прав и возможностей всех женщин и девочек